International Trade Finance
This course will enable you to understand international trade finance and enrich your knowledge about various related products and services. The course is focused on the needs of professionals wishing to acquire knowledge of international trade finance in order to enable them to provide technological solutions to banking Industry.
International trade offers large opportunities for buyers and sellers across the globe to multiply their businesses. Most of the parties to international trade depend upon external sources of finance to fund such business opportunities. In fact, trade finance plays a very important and pivotal role and has become a determining factor in international trade. International players have an advantage of having varieties of international trade finance products to meet their needs. Understanding of opportunities, related risks, costs and process of international trade financing is, therefore of utmost importance. This course is designed to enable the participants to gain a thorough understanding of international trade finance products, processes, practices and related regulation.
Delivery mode: Classroom/virtual classroom/online
Duration: Two full days
Course level: Foundation level
What will you learn?
When you complete this course, you will have understanding of :
- Trade finance environment
- International trade finance products
- Complexities of international trade and finance
- The processes involved in each type of international trade product
- The risks involved in international trade and how to mitigate them
- The roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in international trade products
- Regulations such as ICC UCPDC 600, eUCP, ICC Uniform Rules for Bank to Bank Reimbursement, ICC Documentary Credit Dispute Resolution Expertise (DOCDEX) Rules, ISBP 2013, ICC URBPO, URDG 758, URC 522 etc.
- Why there is international trade?
- Players in international trade and their roles
- Concepts and terminology
- What are the risks in international trade?
- What are the methods of payment?
- International Commercial Terms – Inco terms 2010
- What services banks render for international trade
- What type of finance is provided by banks?
- What types of agency services are provided by banks?
- What types of assurance services are provided by banks?
- A combination of finance, agency and assurance services provided by banks
- What are different types of documents used in international trade?
- What is Documentary Letter of Credit?
- How Document Letter of Credit is used?
- What is UCPDC 600?
- What is a bank guarantee?
- What is a standby letter of credit?
- What is URDG 758?
- What Factoring?
- What is reverse factoring?
- What is forfeiting?
- What is buyer’s credit and bank to bank loan?
- What is supply chain finance?
- What SWIFT Trade Services Utility?
- What is Bank Payment Obligation?
- What is money laundering?
- What is financing of terrorism?
- Why does a bank need to comply?
- What are FATF/OFAC requirements?
- What is AML/KYC?
- What is FATCA?
- What is a bill of exchange?
- What is collection?
- Terminology used in bill collection
- ICC Uniform Rules for Collection
- Bill collection life cycle
- What is bill discounting?
- What is bill purchase?
Visit Calendar to know Schedule of this Training and to Register Online.Calender